Alan Sugar

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Alan Sugar

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm

It's very strange that somebody from a Jewish background would be able
to peddle such a bigoted trope!

Apparently the Senegalese fans actually volunteered to help clean the stadium after
their game. By the way that's typical of Senegalese people: generous, bright, humourous.
Staff Benda Bilili

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by old pauline » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am

Didn't he start off his own career in a not absolutely unrelated field ? Selling stuff out of the back of cars and at markets ?

Despicable comments.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 am

The only way you can interpret it is that he’s saying all black people look the same.
He’s belittled the boys from the beach & the football team.

Is Alan Sugar racist? I couldn’t tell you.
Was Alan Sugar trying to be funny? I would say yes.
Was it damn right needles & not funny? Absolutely.

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Were they the side that cheated Poland?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10241
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Damien » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm
It's very strange that somebody from a Jewish background would be able
to peddle such a bigoted trope!

Apparently the Senegalese fans actually volunteered to help clean the stadium after
their game. By the way that's typical of Senegalese people: generous, bright, humourous.
Some Jewish people can be just a racist as any other. It's just part of human nature for some sadly.

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5690
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Damien wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm
It's very strange that somebody from a Jewish background would be able
to peddle such a bigoted trope!

Apparently the Senegalese fans actually volunteered to help clean the stadium after
their game. By the way that's typical of Senegalese people: generous, bright, humourous.
Some Jewish people can be just a racist as any other. It's just part of human nature for some sadly.
Hamas aren't a race but I get your point.
Question everything.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10241
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Damien » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm
Damien wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm
It's very strange that somebody from a Jewish background would be able
to peddle such a bigoted trope!

Apparently the Senegalese fans actually volunteered to help clean the stadium after
their game. By the way that's typical of Senegalese people: generous, bright, humourous.
Some Jewish people can be just a racist as any other. It's just part of human nature for some sadly.
Hamas aren't a race but I get your point.
I wasn't actually referring to Zionist nationalism/racism against the Palestinian's - but it is a valid point. As is the racism from some on the Palestinian/Arab side. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a people(The Jews) - who have been the victim's of dreadful racism down the centuries, are not immune to it themselves. It's why I am uncomfortable with all Nationalist movements. It's a fine line between love of one's country and people and hatred of another. Unfortunately some humans will never be able to control some of their baser instincts. Thank heavens the majority do.

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm

All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12759
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by dm » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm
All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
I wouldn't question your statement that everyone has the propensity to be xenophobic but is it really a scientific fact? If so, why and how has a scientist bothered to find evidence through scientific methodology for what's a psychological and sociological matter?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm
All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
I wouldn't question your statement that everyone has the propensity to be xenophobic but is it really a scientific fact? If so, why and how has a scientist bothered to find evidence through scientific methodology for what's a psychological and sociological matter?
Agreed, but ultimately it's about power. (Power + xenophobia/racism) = human degradation

Sugar has a modicum of social/economic power so in his addled mind he can justify jibes about blacks selling on a Spanish beach.

Before 1945 the NAZIS had power and Jews were powerless in Germany and Poland... you know the rest.
In the 18th century Europeans were militarily powerful and black people were then denied any civil rights.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12759
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by dm » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:01 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm
All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
I wouldn't question your statement that everyone has the propensity to be xenophobic but is it really a scientific fact? If so, why and how has a scientist bothered to find evidence through scientific methodology for what's a psychological and sociological matter?
Agreed, but ultimately it's about power. (Power + xenophobia/racism) = human degradation

Sugar has a modicum of social/economic power so in his addled mind he can justify jibes about blacks selling on a Spanish beach.

Before 1945 the NAZIS had power and Jews were powerless in Germany and Poland... you know the rest.
In the 18th century Europeans were militarily powerful and black people were then denied any civil rights.
Andy, and I agree with you. And some. The history of humanity has sadly been the story of the appropriation of power by one to rule over the other in which racism has been a disgusting tool to maintain domination.

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Montag » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 am

Don't forget class. Less prominent now but still a factor.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Montag » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm
All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
I wouldn't question your statement that everyone has the propensity to be xenophobic but is it really a scientific fact? If so, why and how has a scientist bothered to find evidence through scientific methodology for what's a psychological and sociological matter?
Psychology is a science. And it has been tested and proved.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4983
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by Rbee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:01 am
Andy, and I agree with you. And some. The history of humanity has sadly been the story of the appropriation of power by one to rule over the other in which racism has been a disgusting tool to maintain domination.
Not sure about that dm. Racism to me is really a 20th century phenomenon although the seeds were sown earlier. Blame Religion historically and the desire for world domination.

I get lost with all the labelling nowadays. It wasn't so long ago we had soul music but now we have R&B, rap, dubstep, garage, hippity hop and to me so many other things get labelled as racism.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12759
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Alan Sugar

Post by dm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm
All races and nationalities have the propensity for racialism and xenophobia. That is a scientific fact. Something the liberal elite are starting to find out.
I wouldn't question your statement that everyone has the propensity to be xenophobic but is it really a scientific fact? If so, why and how has a scientist bothered to find evidence through scientific methodology for what's a psychological and sociological matter?
Psychology is a science. And it has been tested and proved.
As a social science psychology is seen as a 'soft' science as opposed to the natural sciences that are considered 'hard'. There been a long debate within psychology itself as to whether it's a science or not.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests