Footballs Suicide Secret

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Footballs Suicide Secret

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I've come across this documentary with Clarke Carlisle about depression in football. He talks briefly about his time with us and how it affected him.
My posted is inspired by the article on Danny Rose recently and his struggle with depression.

Well worth a watch.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Footballs Suicide Secret

Post by old pauline » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:58 am

Watched half of it so far.

A lot the cases seem to relate to the sense of shame associated with letting people down. I am sure this must spread across many other areas and I wouldn't like to think that sport would single itself out as a special case.

Nevertheless, its a very well made documentary and I really applaud Clarke Carlisle for breaking down the stereotyped images of professional sportsmen and looking in depth at the mental costs of being involved in top level sport. CC comes across as having a hell of a lot to offer to the field.
Come on you Sooopa ........

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Footballs Suicide Secret

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 am

Cheers DEJ.

Interesting that CC blames himself for the Cardiff Play Off Final defeat and not Tommy 'FFS square it' Williams like the rest of us. :wink:
Question everything.