Getting what you wish for

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Getting what you wish for

Post by Stans left foot » Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 am

Looking back there were several posters on here seeking a management change, and actively pursuing an anti Ollie policy

Must say I found his tactics frustrating but couldn't see the value in changing, so ultimately I was sad to see him go as his true merits could have just been seen when this crop of youngsters develop into a proper team, exciting times.

Sadly for Ollie too, his had the shitty end of the stick when his task was survival and not much else. He's had the task of telling a few to go, sorting out some of the real crap we have in our ranks with little/no budget. Maybe he feels aggrieved as, I'm assuming, McClaren won't have signed without having some kind of budget to work with.

Be interesting just who we recruit and where from, Schteeves been at a few clubs of late so I'm sure he's noted good value in their ranks.

Oddly of course we'll be up against a few next season where the decenters have got what they wished for, Stoke and West Brom wanted Pulis out, well they got him out and they sit in the Championship. I wonder was that really what they wished for? Was the style of football that crap that they'd have taken playing better football in a lower league to get it?

Even Man U "supporters" ( is there such a thing?) rant and rave at their style of football - its not exclusive and clearly isn't budget related if they have to complain about it too.

From an old fart viewpoint I quite liked Chris Wright and felt his heart ( sorry ) was in the right place for us, but then as a money man who can you trust. Very few over the years, Jim Gregory apart I guess, have Rangers in their blood and arguably that leniency toward a manager so long as the clubs going in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to next season, the way we play, who we bring in, but sadly I fear the attitude towards Schteeve will be on a knife edge and lose a few.....?

As per WBA and Stoke, be careful what you wish for......
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Getting what you wish for

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am

Another side to this debate may be that SMC has been told that there is no budget for new players and his remit is to stave off relegation and sell as many young prospects for big money. I would hazard a guess that this scenario would upset a large number of die hard QPR fans who believe that we should at least be challenging for a place in Europe in the EPL. Let's give SMC a reasonable amount of time, say until all the pre season friendlies are completed, before casting a critical eye on his performance. Selling all our best prospects would go a long way towards funding the FFP fine and leave us in a good place going forward. I always thought our long term future may include a trip to League 1 whilst we rebuild the financial foundations of the club, with a bit of luck next season this may not happen.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat May 19, 2018 11:15 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am
Selling all our best prospects would go a long way towards funding the FFP fine and leave us in a good place going forward. I always thought our long term future may include a trip to League 1 whilst we rebuild the financial foundations of the club, with a bit of luck next season this may not happen.
Surely if we sell all our best prospects we won't be going "forward" at all? ethink
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 19, 2018 11:38 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:15 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Selling all our best prospects would go a long way towards funding the FFP fine and leave us in a good place going forward. I always thought our long term future may include a trip to League 1 whilst we rebuild the financial foundations of the club, with a bit of luck next season this may not happen.
Surely if we sell all our best prospects we won't be going "forward" at all? ethink
forward in time.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Another side to this debate may be that SMC has been told that there is no budget for new players and his remit is to stave off relegation and sell as many young prospects for big money.
If the above was the case then I don't believe for one moment he would have taken the job as he would soon be under pressure from the fans and media if we were near the bottom and selling our best prospects: he must be financially well enough off not to need the grief? I would expect he has been told he CAN sign and loan a few in and that expectations are higher than this season.
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Another side to this debate may be that SMC has been told that there is no budget for new players and his remit is to stave off relegation and sell as many young prospects for big money. I would hazard a guess that this scenario would upset a large number of die hard QPR fans who believe that we should at least be challenging for a place in Europe in the EPL. Let's give SMC a reasonable amount of time, say until all the pre season friendlies are completed, before casting a critical eye on his performance. Selling all our best prospects would go a long way towards funding the FFP fine and leave us in a good place going forward. I always thought our long term future may include a trip to League 1 whilst we rebuild the financial foundations of the club, with a bit of luck next season this may not happen.
Are you Richard Thompson in disguise, Esox? I can't believe you're for real either way. So selling off our best young talent would leave us 'in a good place', would it? I'm just mightily relieved you're not in charge. If you think that would be anything other than a recipe for a depressing deterioration and open mutiny among the fanbase - flogging off the cream of our crop to pay for the Board's mismanagement of the club - you're even more delusional than I realised. In fact, if that were the policy, what be the point of being a supporter at all? Mind you, McClaren's stock's so low I wouldn't put such cynicism past him (and Hoos). The lack of transparency at our club has now reached positively perfidious proportions.

People like you who, in your cretinous crystal ball wisdom, think relegation could somehow be good for the club are the real unreal supporters. Now have a long lie down and stop embarrassing yourself further!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Where's that old .org poster I Ronnie when you need him?