Mr McClaren - root cause analysis

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Mr McClaren - root cause analysis

Post by Rbee » Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Towards the end of his career at Chelsea Bosingwa was awful. On Match of the Day Alan Hansen slated him when Norwich scored against Chelsea, as the ball flew in to the Chelsea net Boswinga was trotting back to the half way line! Hansen proclaimed ''What is he doing, what on earth is he doing!'' I was roaring with laughter. A few weeks later Chelsea played Wolves and Hansen said;

''But if you're talking about defensive play, the full-back, Bosingwa, makes Luiz look like a world-beater at times. "He is so bad it's embarrassing. Against Wolves, right at the start, he gave Edwards a chance with a bad touch and a bad tackle.

"That's all right but from the set-pieces it was worse. The position he got himself in when Roger Johnson hit the post, that was terrible, for a full-back to get in that position, entirely the wrong side of the man he's marking. "But when the next one comes in, and you would have thought he would learned his lesson from Johnson, he lets him get past him again. ''That's not good enough. Where he ends up, well, I'm totally bemused at how a full-back can end up there."

Hansen added: "In the second half it got worse. Right at the start he let Jarvis go past him, with an effort that's never been a tackle, never been a challenge, and they could have scored then. "And for the equaliser, you have to watch his positioning. It was bad enough when the ball came in, the wrong side of Fletcher, but where he ends up, way to the side of the goal, is beyond belief. Just look at where he ends up!''

I was stunned when we signed Boswinga a few months later and posted the above at the time. I think Boswinga would have been stunned as well, one last big pay day. Kerching!!!!! His signing epitomised everything that was wrong about QPR at that time.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Mr McClaren - root cause analysis

Post by 222gers » Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:18 pm
old pauline wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm

There was nothing wrong with Bosingwa when he arrived it was Harry who fücked up that signing with his altercation which resulted in him locking himself in the dressing room at training.
I know you love championing a scapegoat but are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Boswinga was OK for us under Hughes and that it wasn't until Harry turned up that he went to pot ?
Bosingwa made his debut for QPR at West Brom and as soon as he came on you could see that we had got a great player. He played really well in his next few games and then he seemed to be as bad as anyone else (this was before fans found out about the dressing room problems). After Hughes was sacked and HR appointed, JB was told he was only going to be on the bench for the upcoming game because of his attitude at training, JB had a row with him accusing HR of never being at training so how could he make that call. There is a lot more to that story and it ended up with JB and M'Bia being selected to play against Newcastle at home just so the fans could boo them. Bosingwa showed in that game just what a quality footballer he was despite the abuse. We only ever got 'arry's POV on anything at the time.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html
Well, I dunno, my memory of the Newcastle game was that if we won we had a chance of staying up and Newcastle would be in trouble. Bosingwa was a nightmare from the start - giving away a needless penalty and seemingly deliberately giving away the ball at every opportunity. I booed him off at halftime - the only time I've ever booed a QPR player. He did not reappear for the second half. Maybe my memory is shot. Strangely I can remember the crowd booing Mike Keen years ago. We are a fickle bunch.