Exodus begins

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: Exodus begins

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:21 pm
White Duck wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:11 am
Rbee wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Selling players every season or two. It looks like Southampton have finally capitulated with this strategy forced upon them.
To get top money for players when we sell them we need to wait until they have played a decent number of games and raised their profile. Selling Bowler after a few minutes first team football seemed crazy: he could have become a first team regular this season helping us to achieve better results and at the same time increasing his selling value. Would keep Eze, Smyth etc and look to sell the more established players such a Luongo whilst their stock is at its highest.
Wasn't Bowler unwilling to extend his deal? Both that and what he's achieved in Everton's youth team make me think the club were probably justified in taking the cash. I agree with you though, i think we'd be better off trying to keep Eze and Smyth unless a silly offer comes in and try and get meaningful revenue for the likes of Smithies and Luongo or Freeman (more likely the former, i'd prefer the later) even if it's daunting to face next season weakened.
Bowler has played three times for Everton under 21's all in the FL Trophy. Everton lost all three games to Notts County, Lincoln and Mansfield.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Whatever happens, and I understand we're a selling club now, I'll be really disappointed if we lose Smyth

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Yes, Smyth will attract a lot of attention. He plays without fear, terrifies defenders, scores goals and then does a few minutes of gymnastics when he scores. I also think he knows he'll have to get a couple of good seasons behind him at his current level if he is going to develop, and sitting on the bench at Everton will not give him enough space for back-flips.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am
Shame about Perch. IMO he is vastly under rated for his contribution to the side since he joined. His spell at left back was a revelation.
I'm afraid he lacks grey matter.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 am

If Jordan Cousins doesn't pan out as Scowens back up then what about this lad? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Kamara
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Young players...... Mmmm

Marcus Edwards was just sent back to Spuds from Norwich where he was on loan....

Played the Billy big bollax and now looks like his career at 19 is going nowhere.....

Silly offers for Smythe and Eze?

Get a deal that suits all.... Maybe a loan back perhaps....

Senior pros?

Can't pay the wages so cut our cloth... I'm happy we have a sensible wage policy in place at last...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 am
If Jordan Cousins doesn't pan out as Scowens back up then what about this lad? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Kamara
I don't think Cousins will work as back-up to Scowen, i think he has potential to provide cover for Luongo, but he's very much in that mould.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm
Whatever happens, and I understand we're a selling club now, I'll be really disappointed if we lose Smyth
Whilst it's true we are now, unfortunately, a selling club it's a matter of degree. Selling a few to balance the books is perfectly acceptable but letting all our promising players go bodes very dodgy and gives the impression of the owners getting as much of their capital back before winding the club up. I feel the former is most likely.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Queens Park Rangers defender Jack Robinson has revealed that he has yet to be offered a new contract by the club and is now weighing up his options.

The 24-year-old, a regular under Ian Holloway this season, is due to become a free agent in June following a four-year spell at Loftus Road. Despite being used 31 times in the Championship alone in 2017-18, Robinson now faces the prospect of being left without a club come the start of the summer transfer window as QPR are playing hardball.

"There's still nothing. I haven't had any contact yet, there's been no formal offer of a contract to me so I can't say much else on that," he told Get West London. "I think it's getting to the point where I've got to start thinking that my time is up here.

"I'll leave it up to the agents and I'll carry on doing what I've done here all season and play for the fans and the manager. Hopefully I can get a few more games in before the end of the season, but if not, then I've enjoyed my time here and we'll see what happens in the summer."

Asked if any clubs have contacted him,, Robinson added: "I tend to leave that to the agents. Obviously there's talk; there's a lot of talk now we're getting to the end of the season but I don't want to speculate because there's been nothing formal from any club, but it's just one of them where we'll see what happens."

Robinson has been used a further three times in cup competitions this season.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

The paints a rather different picture to what we’ve heard previously.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Somewhat if not totally unlikely that absolutely no discussions have taken place between people at the club and the player's agent about a new contract or what Robinson's intentions are.

Most likely scenario is the agent has stated his player will wait to the end of the season before making any decisions and no contract offer will be considered until the agent has sounded out other clubs.
Lex Talionis........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Take that with a pinch of salt. He’s arguably been our player of the season, of course we have had discussions with him.

The truth is that he/his agent just doesn’t see his future at QPR... I’m not sure he will get the Premier League move they seem to think they can get him.

Perhaps Fulham will give him that route to the top flight?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss