Caulker watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Caulker watch

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Don't really understand his implicit dig at QPR/Ollie, as our manager told the world he'd pulled out all the stops for him. So one or t'other must be telling porky pies . . . naughty

(Given Ollie's love of massaging his own media image, I'd say it's even money either way.)

So from occasionally playing in front of 60,000 crowds in the Premiership, Mr C is now entertaining 6,000 at Dens Park. Humbling, one would have to say (and hope).

I don't much care, but I wonder if being paid a lot less will, in itself, be good for him, and how much guilt (at being overpaid) plays a part in down-the plughole/addictive stories like Caulker's. I bet someone's done a good PhD on the subject somewhere.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Yeah you're right: there's a 50% chance that Caulker's been a model pro in the last few years and has been treated very badly by QPR when all the lad wanted to do is play for the club and earn his wages by putting in quality performances every week on the pitch.

:roll:
Lex Talionis........

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Fair dos - even money is a bit OTT!

But I do take quite a lot of what comes out of Ollie's mouth with a soupcon of salt these days regardless.

What is it about QPR that bends over (no homophobia intended) and takes it up the shitter from these 'players' - from Hateley to Rowan Vine, SWP to Boswanker? And that fat, camp poseur of a Brazilian goalkeeper. (Apologies for any dishonourable mentions I've forgotten.)

Is there any other profession where you can paid shedloads for doing nothing/taking the piss because you're an addict/too good at your job (in your mind)/suffering from low self-esteem/your dad's died etc. etc.?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:43 am

People are heavily affected by those problems in all walks of life and that’s understandable, I think. Unlike other walks of life, football clubs offer long fixed term contracts that means that players are hard to get off the pay roll when things go nipples north for them. Happens to the best of us in any walk of life, seems a bit miserly to have it in for people suffering what many of us suffer. Becoming a bit of a cliche, but being a footballer doesn’t make you immune.

On a separate note, didn’t rowan vine break his leg and was never quite the same player again? On second thoughts, maybe that is analagous to Caulker’s situation

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 am

White Duck wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 pm
"What I want is to be back enjoying my football in a good environment with a manager who is understanding, and one who is caring and respectful."
Translation - I want to be mollycoddled even more than I have been, while producing absolutely nothing for the fans who paid my wages
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Anyone know if he made the Dundee team as suggested by the Scottish press ?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm
No, not even the bench. Bit too soon after signing though so nothing to read into this.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm
No, not even the bench. Bit too soon after signing though so nothing to read into this.
The Scottish press no more reliable than their English counterparts it would seem.....

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:07 am

stainesranger wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:43 am
On a separate note, didn’t rowan vine break his leg and was never quite the same player again? On second thoughts, maybe that is analagous to Caulker’s situation
Hay-suse.... Rowan Vine now that was a witch hunt....

Colin and Paladini tried their best to get him off the payroll without paying up his contract, even a seemingly orchestrated campaign against him on WATRB failed, remember they had been successful against de Sousa for Giani previously...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm

On the score sheet tonite & had a hand in winning a pen but lost 3-2 in front of 3,700

Living the dream Steve living the dream.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm

It won't last.......

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm
On the score sheet tonite & had a hand in winning a pen but lost 3-2 in front of 3,700

Reported that he turned down bigger contracts to sign for Dundee. And he reason he chose then was because his grandparents live in the area. Perhaps he's just wants to play football and keep a low profile with family around him?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Reported that he turned down bigger contracts to sign for Dundee. And he reason he chose then was because his grandparents live in the area. Perhaps he's just wants to play football and keep a low profile with family around him?
Only time will tell sheep, I have no doubt he would have had a number of offers on the table & if what you say is true it could be a good move for him, out of the fish bowl get some game time impress and inevitably join Celtic.

But & here comes the but, there is not a day that passes that it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back in the headlines for a total f*ck up moment.

After speaking with an old pal of his the other week I’d be amazed if he can keep himself out of trouble up there - AMAZED.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am

Watching the highlights, Caulker was very flatfooted in dealing with the opposition's winning goal. In any case, as has been said many times, the SPL is a very poor league.