Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Sean Goss

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:57 pm

He may well be one of the casualties of IH being brought in against LF's better judgement, as he was a LF driven buy.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:03 pm

What’s your source? I find both statements plausible tbf

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:31 pm

IH not being wanted by LF is fairly well documented but I can't find any link to LF wanting Goss in on Penrice's reccommendation. There are quite a few newspaper articles with Goss saying that he was convinced by both LF & IH to join but at this juncture I can't remember whether I read it or was told it by someone at the club. (Not trying to big up being an ITK or anything, I just get snippets now and again) I did wonder if Goss' lack of appearances may be linked to the part of his transfer fee which is an initial £500k rising to £800k with a buyback clause for Man Utd. It's a murky old ditch alright on this one.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:31 pm
IH not being wanted by LF is fairly well documented but I can't find any link to LF wanting Goss in on Penrice's reccommendation. There are quite a few newspaper articles with Goss saying that he was convinced by both LF & IH to join but at this juncture I can't remember whether I read it or was told it by someone at the club. (Not trying to big up being an ITK or anything, I just get snippets now and again) I did wonder if Goss' lack of appearances may be linked to the part of his transfer fee which is an initial £500k rising to £800k with a buyback clause for Man Utd. It's a murky old ditch alright on this one.
I’ve never seen it documented that LF didn’t want IH, just assumed. I can’t imagine Goss would be close to activating any clauses. How many appearances has he made?

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:55 pm

3 starting, 3 as sub. He's not completed 90 minutes for us and has been on a pitch in the hoops for less than 4 hours in total.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 am

Apparently to be called up to the Northern Ireland team along with Smyth.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 am
Apparently to be called up to the Northern Ireland team along with Smyth.
And Washington?

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:52 pm

I'd imagine so but it'll be debuts for the other two.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I thought Holloway's ramblings about the 'Gers manager indicating he'd like to keep Goss sounded like a madman. Especially given how little he'd played.

I asked a few Glasgow Rangers fans about Goss. They sound impressed. Think he's coped with physicality well, looks classy and shouldn't write this spell off based on the quality of the league. They seemed to think they'd be in a position to pony up 2/3m for him, were he to become available.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 pm

But he'll only get game time with us if at least one existing midfielder is moved on

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Anonymous in the old form game this weekend
QPR & Ireland

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Barry wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 pm
To be expected against a team of probably top of championship / bottom of premier league standard.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Barry wrote:
Yep, that's the way I saw it. His dead ball delivery was disappointing too. In fairness, you can see that given time and space, he can spray the ball around, but you don't get too much time and space in the Championship.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Barry wrote:
Yep, that's the way I saw it. His dead ball delivery was disappointing too. In fairness, you can see that given time and space, he can spray the ball around, but you don't get too much time and space in the Championship.
Geez, give the kid a break will you. It was his first Old firm game and because he didn't run the show you're going to slag him off. He's been doing really well there so far. Do try to remember he's a QPR player not a Fulham one.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Barry wrote:
Geez, give the kid a break will you. It was his first Old firm game and because he didn't run the show you're going to slag him off. He's been doing really well there so far. Do try to remember he's a QPR player not a Fulham one.
In fairness he’s been praised lately for his performances against the dog & duck, & the red lion.

First team he’s faced on a level playing field & he was non existent, Shame because the more headlines he grabs up there = either we really do have a player on our hands or more £££ if we sell him.