Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Post by Satch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:04 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:32 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:14 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm
Cousins is a very good central midfielder. Unfortunately we have an idiot manager who insists on playing him as a wing back.
Can’t argue with that.

I can defend Ollie for a lot & forgive him for a lot but Cousins at wingback is baffling!
I'm sure Cousins was played at wingback because Holloway had no other options and putting just 10 players out on the pitch isn't within the rules of the game. Cousins is a box to box player so energy wise running up and down the wing should not be an issue, even if defending was. He hasn't been able to break into the team in his preferred position because of injuries and the performances of Luongo, Scowen and Freeman.

Let's move on from this as we all know Holloway had no fit and tested RB's at his disposal when Cousins was played there.
Holloway chose to play Cousins at wingback dropping Wszolek (and possibly ahead of Furlong, although he might have had a knock). Hasselbaink had to play him there and it didn't work, Holloway didn't learn from that and chose to do it, then repeated it.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am

What if you are wrong ?What experience of management should make us listen to your opinion rather than Holloways?
Why, for example, are you not an idiot fan?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 am

T-Block wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am
What if you are wrong ?What experience of management should make us listen to your opinion rather than Holloways?
Anyone with two eyes and a brain cell could see Cousins was painfully out of his depths at wingback, to repeatedly play him there was borderline insanity!

Cousins is a Box to box central midfielder, that’s why he won poty two years running at Charlton and That’s why we signed him!

Oh and just to address your idiot fan insult! A lot of fans didn’t want Ollie in the first place, the majority of fans want him gone now & the rest want him gone in the summer including myself!

But hey we’re just idiots..

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:40 am

T-Block wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am
Perhaps we should just have a rule that no one without a coaching qualification is allowed to offer an opinion.

Make the board for the few, not the many. It'll have the added benefit of pissing off the "Corbynistas".
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Time running out now for the acquisition of a striker maybe on short term loan. If Stoke weren't in such a perilous position Peter Crouch may have been a possibility. Suited to the long ball game and knows where the back of the net is. The talk of Cheslea being interested was just mischievious. Some would groan at him signing for us but he would liven up the fag-end of the season whereas at the moment it seems more like a duty to turn up at games rather than us salivating at the prospect.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 pm
Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am
I remember how thrilled we all were a year ago when we signed Wszolek on a permanent deal but his form this season has been disappointing. Hopefully he can turn it around and Legia Warsaw can take Borysiuk.

I see Remy is available again. :D
GOOD OLD SPLINTER ARSE!!
Old Splinter Arse has gone to Getafe. He'll be able to make a model cathedral out of all the wood chippings by the end of his career.
Come on you Sooopa ........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm
Montag wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 pm
Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am
I remember how thrilled we all were a year ago when we signed Wszolek on a permanent deal but his form this season has been disappointing. Hopefully he can turn it around and Legia Warsaw can take Borysiuk.

I see Remy is available again. :D
GOOD OLD SPLINTER ARSE!!
Old Splinter Arse has gone to Getafe. He'll be able to make a model cathedral out of all the wood chippings by the end of his career.
:lol: :lol:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Linked with Ojo from Scunthrope. 21yo Mid.

3 more kids released. Quite interesting that Ireland's left, Ramsay's taken over and we've started releasing youth players.

Trialling Arsenal youngster Eyoma. 20yo Winger.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 am

This must be the only transfer window, where we haven't been linked with anybody at all, must be a record.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:47 am

I'd put it the other way round - right now, who would want to link themselves to us (outside of lower league 'improvers' like Wheeler, Washington and Osayi-Samuel, who seem pre-programmed not to make it)? Both Brentford and Fulham would be bigger draws for most players right now. If the latter were to put down a decent fee for Freeman, you'd imagine both club and player would be sorely tempted - a well-run club, respected manager, nice ground/decent crowds, fair shout for promotion etc.

All a bit of a contrast with our uninspiring condition, ain't it?
Last edited by stainrod's elbow on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am

It is what it is I'm afraid. I was looking at the deals done recently and saw that Burton are now buying players who would be out of our wage bracket, i.e. Darren Bent. Hopefully that gives the Ollie knockers an idea of the task he has in hand trying to keep us in the division.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 am

old pauline wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am
It is what it is I'm afraid. I was looking at the deals done recently and saw that Burton are now buying players who would be out of our wage bracket, i.e. Darren Bent. Hopefully that gives the Ollie knockers an idea of the task he has in hand trying to keep us in the division.
They have got Bent on loan so no financial outlay, also I would imagine the Rowett connection had a big part to play in it.

I thought Loans was our way of addidng quality @ no financial risk? Correct me if I’m wrong but we don’t currently have a single player on loan.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am

old pauline wrote:
They haven't bought him. He's gone there on loan for the rest of the season, and they shipped out three players to make way for him. Last throw of the dice stuff, I would say, and no doubt Clough leveraged his Derby connections to sweeten the deal. He's working with a fraction of Holloway's budget. There's really no comparison.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:15 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 am
old pauline wrote:
They have got Bent on loan so no financial outlay, also I would imagine the Rowett connection had a big part to play in it.

I thought Loans was our way of addidng quality @ no financial risk? Correct me if I’m wrong but we don’t currently have a single player on loan.
I'm not sure any loan comes without some financial outlay, even if you're only paying a fraction of the player's actual wages. I'd say it's still a gamble for Burton, but they look doomed otherwise, so they have to try something.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 am

Bruno Andrade apparently on his way from Borehamwood to Watford today :shock: