Updates on new stadium, training ground and more

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Re: Updates on new stadium, training ground and more

Post by ZENITH R » Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Out of 92 clubs in the football league structure - Premier League down to Division 2 ...

32 have new grounds (defined as built since 1988 when Scunthorpe United moved into Glanford Park, this being the first 'new' stadium built in the modern era.)

Just saying ..
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sat May 27, 2017 3:59 am

How many were in the Prem last season or will be next?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 am

DAVEf wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 3:59 am
8 - Arsenal, Leicester, Manchester City, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea, WHU plus either Huddersfield or Reading who both have 'new stadiums'.

In addition Spurs are of course mid-construction which will take the overall figure up to 33.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sat May 27, 2017 11:51 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 am
DAVEf wrote:
8 - Arsenal, Leicester, Manchester City, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea, WHU plus either Huddersfield or Reading who both have 'new stadiums'.

In addition Spurs are of course mid-construction which will take the overall figure up to 33.
How many clubs with modern stadiums finished above us last year (remembering that manu, chels, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle are still in their (large) traditional grounds) and how many of those were below us when the Premier League began?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 pm

DAVEf wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 11:51 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

How many clubs with modern stadiums finished above us last year (remembering that manu, chels, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle are still in their (large) traditional grounds) and how many of those were below us when the Premier League began?
Bloody hell Dave .. you don't want much do you. I have actually got better things to do this bank holiday weekend.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 pm

DAVEf wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

Old Trafford has been so extensively redeveloped it should be considered a 'new stadium.'

15 (In the Premier League & Championship)

Chelsea and Everton are looking to develop/ relocate to a new stadium, Spurs are building one, and clubs like Wolves have effectively built a new stadium without moving anywhere.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sun May 28, 2017 10:22 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 pm
DAVEf wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

Old Trafford has been so extensively redeveloped it should be considered a 'new stadium.'

15 (In the Premier League & Championship)

Chelsea and Everton are looking to develop/ relocate to a new stadium, Spurs are building one, and clubs like Wolves have effectively built a new stadium without moving anywhere.
Is that supposed to answer the question?

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 pm

DAVEf wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

Clearly rhe biggest factor in that most teams were below QPR when the premier league began. Now nearly half the league is above us. Many of those clubs have the same ground, a few don't. It demonstrates nothing other than that the stairs of football clubs changes quite a bit over time outside the top few clubs.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 am

Mr Beef wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 pm
DAVEf wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

Clearly rhe biggest factor in that most teams were below QPR when the premier league began. Now nearly half the league is above us. Many of those clubs have the same ground, a few don't. It demonstrates nothing other than that the stairs of football clubs changes quite a bit over time outside the top few clubs.
Ha. edoh What it demonstrates is that of those that were below us but are now above us (a great many, not "a few") have developed modern grounds. And when discussing a hierarchy in any situation there are always explainable reasons for how and why a particular hierarchy exists as it does.

But none so blind eh. It's not just the superstitious with their gods in the sky and the flat Earthers etc --- many apparently normal folk can't see past their noses ---- and mainly because they simply don't want to.

And with them, there is little or no point in trying to have sensible discussions.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am

DAVEf wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 am
Mr Beef wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 pm
DAVEf wrote:

Ha. edoh What it demonstrates is that of those that were below us but are now above us (a great many, not "a few") have developed modern grounds. And when discussing a hierarchy in any situation there are always explainable reasons for how and why a particular hierarchy exists as it does.

But none so blind eh. It's not just the superstitious with their gods in the sky and the flat Earthers etc --- many apparently normal folk can't see past their noses ---- and mainly because they simply don't want to.

And with them, there is little or no point in trying to have sensible discussions.
I think it's pretty clear that you lack even a basic understanding of causality, but given that you seem to believe that there is a link between getting a new ground and having success, I'm sure that you'll be able to provide some evidence of this rather than continuing to just witter on and getting nowhere.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Bournemouth are doing ok with a crap stadium. Palace is pretty naff too

Mark C
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Mark C » Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 pm

interesting seeing all of the the different viewpoints on here and how quick people are to shout each other down when in all honesty nobody really knows what will happen when we move.

As the records show its a complete mixed bag in terms of the future fortunes of the clubs listed as to what happens to it once it leaves it stadium for a newer one. There is no exact science to it so all of the pontificating amongst some seems a little pointless as nobody can be sure what will happen to us if/when we do up sticks and leave Loftus Road.

The only thing I really conclude from it all is that Loftus Road, as much as I love it, is a complete and utter f*cking dump by moderns football stadium standards. It is not going to be able to attract any extra people to it as the tourists type visitors would want something that offers more in the way of amenities, floating fans want value for money (in terms of the quality of football and the price of a ticket) and the hardcore of regular fans gradually decreasing due to age/competition from other entertainment options.

Financially the outlay is going to be a huge burden, there's no escaping that for any club, but what they need to do (IMO) is make it so they can tick off as many of the following 3 points as possible to maximise the potential income and fill it up as frequently as possible:

1. Make the stadium multi-purpose - bring in extra revenue and if possible find a way so that other sporting events that would utilise a stadium can be accommodated at any time with no impact to the playing surface.

2. Put a roof on it....but make it so that it's not used EVER for football, it just ties into point one above and makes the venue more desirable given the options for a 30k stadium in England with one are almost none

3. Price wise, although I doubt that financially you can do both, they need to either offer subsidised pricing to the fans we already have in order to keep them coming OR offer the same kind of incentive for new fans. My personal preference would be the latter as you're likely to generate more money and bring in more people but I know you'd potentially piss off the usual droning bastards who think it's 'their' club....maybe give them a gold seat or something so they can continue to feel morally superior to the ones who they know we need to survive but want to feel superior too.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 pm
dm wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm
Then there are mentions of Bolton and Wigan - both playing in a lower league to the ones they were in when they moved, Cardiff – playing in the same league as when new stadium built, and Stoke, and Swansea – I had already mentioned them in my previous post as being success stories.

The thing is, there are almost no stats or proof supporting the assertion. And, if that’s scientific hysterical
Surprised dm that you'd rail against moving from HQ.
We need a new stadium, end of, the only question is how large or small it should be.
Which makes the "capacity" debate a little bit of a sideshow. Loftus Road is well and truly clapped out, we
need to move, and a 25-30k arena is needed - end of debate.
Staff Benda Bilili

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon May 29, 2017 3:45 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm
Present tense.

Sooner or later Bournemouth will have a bad season and slip away. Will they bounce back or just fall away to where the stadium (and income) defines where they should be (a la Wigan, Blackpool, Barnsley etc --- maybe even Burnley --- and, obviously, Palace).

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:09 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm
Bournemouth are looking to move away from that stadium and Palace are imminently
going to extensively refurbish Selhurst Park.
Staff Benda Bilili