Fans Forum 11.11.19

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Fans Forum 11.11.19

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am

I wonder what ever happened to the 100 acres of OOC we bought a few years ago. 100 acres sounds like a decent footprint for a stadium.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am
I wonder what ever happened to the 100 acres of OOC we bought a few years ago. 100 acres sounds like a decent footprint for a stadium.
Driving home from the Middlesbrough game, I went down Old Oak Common Lane. There are new buildings going up there with our club badge on a big billboard saying the area was being developed by someone (I forget who) in partnership with QPR.

I guess the houses/ development being built are on those 100 acres.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Driving home from the Middlesbrough game, I went down Old Oak Common Lane. There are new buildings going up there with our club badge on a big billboard saying the area was being developed by someone (I forget who) in partnership with QPR.

The land bought at OOC was not in one piece. It was a number of smaller plots for housing development or sites that would be vital for the development of larger sites not weed by the club - which could reasonably be expected to go up in value.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:54 pm

sparkypark wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

The land bought at OOC was not in one piece. It was a number of smaller plots for housing development or sites that would be vital for the development of larger sites not weed by the club - which could reasonably be expected to go up in value.
Pretty sure I read somewhere the club were using the OOC land as a way to generate an income. Would have been nice to have the stadium there, but we now know that wasn't feasible