Just got back ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Well, sat in the car park outside Elland Road.

Leeds were the better team, though once again scoring against us was just too easy. We created very little, and the couple of half chances we had came to nothing. The best of those was a lovely cross from Kane on the right which fell beautifully for Hugill’s head 6 yards out ... he missed.

The game was very stop start with lots of fouls, and that didn’t help us, as we could get no rhythm.

It rained all afternoon, so must have been really hard for the players. A few slips, but it can’t be used as an excuse.

Eze once again the best player on the pitch, with some sublime touches and control. The problem was none of those were in areas where he could hurt Leeds, and when he passed to someone else the move broke down pdq.

Leeds were bang average in my opinion, and I didn’t see anything to suggest they will be going up this season.

I’m obviously disappointed we lost, but I’ve seen plenty of far worse defeats. So, not panicking.

Wallace made his debut, and looked good at left back, though made an error just after I had bigged him up to my daughter. 😉 I still think we need to tweak the defence, and Wallace looked a good addition.

So, disappointed but not hisheartened.

Hi hum ... bring on Middlesbrough.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Just got back ...

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Well, sat in the car park outside Elland Road.

Leeds were the better team, though once again scoring against us was just too easy. We created very little, and the couple of half chances we had came to nothing. The best of those was a lovely cross from Kane on the right which fell beautifully for Hugill’s head 6 yards out ... he missed.

The game was very stop start with lots of fouls, and that didn’t help us, as we could get no rhythm.

It rained all afternoon, so must have been really hard for the players. A few slips, but it can’t be used as an excuse.

Eze once again the best player on the pitch, with some sublime touches and control. The problem was none of those were in areas where he could hurt Leeds, and when he passed to someone else the move broke down pdq.

Leeds were bang average in my opinion, and I didn’t see anything to suggest they will be going up this season.

I’m obviously disappointed we lost, but I’ve seen plenty of far worse defeats. So, not panicking.

Wallace made his debut, and looked good at left back, though made an error just after I had bigged him up to my daughter. 😉 I still think we need to tweak the defence, and Wallace looked a good addition.

So, disappointed but not hisheartened.

Hi hum ... bring on Middlesbrough.
[/quoteThanks Zenith.]Getting turned over easily by "bang average" sides...does concern me a bit Z. We seem to lack cohesion on the pitch from my limited sightings of us this season. Going to be a slow process this team building malarkey :? See Hughil just after serving a ban for yellows...gets another straight away :roll:

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for the summary, and hope you have a safe trip home.

I really didn’t expect anything from today. That wait for a clean sheet continues...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 pm

That clean sheet ... next Saturday against Middlesbrough.

You heard it here first.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.