Team vs Blackburn

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Team vs Blackburn

Post by Rbee » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:45 pm

4-2, come on defence!!

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm

4-2 to Rangers and I still want the final whistle.
Staff Benda Bilili

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:10 pm

7 shots on target today & 6 goals..

I would ask how Kelly did today but it looks like apart from picking the ball out of the net twice he didn’t have a save to make.

Soops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Soops » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Kelly doesn’t look very imposing physically and I’d have been happier if he’d dominated his 6 yard box - jury’s still out I think

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Nice one Rangers. Another bloody "Monkey off our back". Four different scorers too 8)

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Another fantastic game today, although the first half hour was quite cagey and pretty much chanceless. Blackburn kept the ball well, but we were a great deal more disciplined defensively than we have been, and I don't think they had a single chance.

After being patient, we went ahead with a goal that was made by Manning, and after that I don't think we looked back.

Chair and Eze - more of the same today, and it was great to see Chair doing half a lap of honour when he was subbed on the Ellerslie side, and then walked round to the dugouts amidst much adulation. Cameron and Scowen - really got their shit together today and were both defensively disciplined and brought the ball forward well. Too many times this season they have made mistakes and looked dodgy, but today they were a great shield for the back four. I thought Manning was outstanding - involved in three of the goals and also a clever and skilful defender. Kelly looked comfortable enough, but aside from playing keep ball with Leistner and Barbet, he had precious little to do.

The league is wide open this season, and there is no reason why we can't stay within touching distance of 6th place - so much more than I was expecting back in the summer.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:38 pm

ALL the players did well today, great to see the quality of football on display and appreciated by the crowd.

Thought Cameron and Scowen did well in the middle, and the defence performed ok overall as Blackburn had some quality attackers. Its really good to see two QPR forwards scoring goals regularly: both Hugill and Wells have been astute loan signings and hopefully we can do something to sign Wells permanently. Eze was again fantastic and we took advantage of a pretty weak Blackburn defence. BOS had his best game for a while IMO as there was some good end product. Chair impressed as well, and I thought Pugh and Mlakar were good substitutions.

An entertaining game and a positive result to go into another international break on.
Lex Talionis........