Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6564
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by QPR_John » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm

KildarePete wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm
last time QPR won 3 games on the trot was in 2014. Well done to MW and his squad
i think you mean 4

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm
Location: Boston MA

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by KildarePete » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm
KildarePete wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm
last time QPR won 3 games on the trot was in 2014. Well done to MW and his squad
..I think they are 4 in a row by now...Wigan, Wed, Luton, Millwall....
Yes - you're right!

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4839
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Giorgio » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm

...then we have the best attack with 14 goals scored and two joint top scorers at 5 (Hugill and Wells)....
we should work on the defense as we conceded 12 - Leeds are the best with only 4...

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7198
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:20 pm

I could get used to this every sat afternoon aniclap

Brentford & Fulham failed to win aswell, I could get very used to this aniclap

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by carrotstick » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 pm

This is developing into a rather pleasant and surprising season :D U R’s...

Don Gibbons
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Don Gibbons » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm
KildarePete wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm
last time QPR won 3 games on the trot was in 2014. Well done to MW and his squad
..I think they are 4 in a row by now...Wigan, Wed, Luton, Millwall....

Yeah, I think he means 4 in a row.

Putting it another way - the last time we won 4 League games in a row, we got promoted.

.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm
Location: Boston MA

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by KildarePete » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Don Gibbons wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm
KildarePete wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm
last time QPR won 3 games on the trot was in 2014. Well done to MW and his squad
..I think they are 4 in a row by now...Wigan, Wed, Luton, Millwall....

Yeah, I think he means 4 in a row.

Putting it another way - the last time we won 4 League games in a row, we got promoted.

.
Yeah I meant to write '4' but in my defense, I have been up since 5:45 AM (Boston time) watching the Rugby World Cup. Not sure what day it is :)

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4839
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Giorgio » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm

KildarePete wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Yeah I meant to write '4' but in my defense, I have been up since 5:45 AM (Boston time) watching the Rugby World Cup. Not sure what day it is :)
...well...when I travel to LR for the matches I wake up at 4am to get to the airport.....and back home at 12pm ... :wink:

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7198
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Wells is on a goal every 67 mins this season.

Both him & Hugill top the scorers chart with 5 a piece.

God don’t you just love it when your strikers score goals, shame they’re not ours :(

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21416
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm

I understand we have Nahki on a two season loan and his contract at Burnley runs out next June. If we can get him on a free then it would be perfect.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7198
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 pm

If Wells scores 20+ which is realistic if he carries on the way he’s going then we will do well to re-sign him next season, it’ll come down to how much he likes the club & MW compared to how much money some cash rich shark will offer him.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3901
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:58 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm
I understand we have Nahki on a two season loan and his contract at Burnley runs out next June. If we can get him on a free then it would be perfect.
How would a two season loan work?

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by jimjams » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:07 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm
I understand we have Nahki on a two season loan and his contract at Burnley runs out next June. If we can get him on a free then it would be perfect.
You mean his contract ends in June 2021 or this is the second year of his loan spell with us?

I think Hugill's runs out in June, too.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21416
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Match Thread: Millwall v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 am

Satch wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:58 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm
I understand we have Nahki on a two season loan and his contract at Burnley runs out next June. If we can get him on a free then it would be perfect.
How would a two season loan work?
When I first read that I tried to find out more but couldn't. I am assuming that Burnley have a 1 year option when his contract runs out and we have loaned against that too. That made me wonder if Burnley would then want him back if he carries on doing well for us.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply