QPR-Austria Wien

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: QPR-Austria Wien

Post by dm » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Sorry, Wegerle. I watched the game on the offish stream and should have joined you in here too.

A pretty feisty and competitive game for a friendly which is no bad thing. The new boys seemed fine but it was Manning in CM in the second half I was most impressed by.

I try and not take too much from friendlies, but overall I feel we were okay given the obvious lack of a goal scorer.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm
We lost 3-1 against a decent Europa leauge team whose season starts next week. Not a bad start for us really. We looked compact and played as a unit.
No outstanding performances but also no bad performances.
We are still lacking up front but all in all not a bad run out.
...I watched the last 20 minutes and actually I saw nothing interesting from us....
ok, first friendly of the season, but we really need something more up front....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Can never read to much into pre season games I detest them tbh, going through the motions nothing riding on it (obviously trying to impress the gaffer) but result means nothing.

Didn’t Accrington Stanley beat Marseille recently, says it all really.

I’m just a little concerned by the age of the squad, so young & so many seasoned pro’s out the door replaced by youth over the summer.

Then again as Alan Hanson once said you win nothing with erm..