2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:35 pm

thebigfatchef wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 am
I recall reading somewhere, that last season our total was around 33 million a year that quite a big decrease from the 20.5 stated by dm
£20 million is still a lot of dough. I think matchday receipts are only about 7-9 million, we get about 4 million from the Solidarity Payment plus a few bob from the club shop and advertising. Running costs for the ground must be very high, so we need to make up the shortfall with profits from transfers - a tall order. Can someone cleverer than me provide more detailed figures ?

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:14 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:35 pm
thebigfatchef wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 am
I recall reading somewhere, that last season our total was around 33 million a year that quite a big decrease from the 20.5 stated by dm
£20 million is still a lot of dough. I think matchday receipts are only about 7-9 million, we get about 4 million from the Solidarity Payment plus a few bob from the club shop and advertising. Running costs for the ground must be very high, so we need to make up the shortfall with profits from transfers - a tall order. Can someone cleverer than me provide more detailed figures ?
We need to be scouting players from Sinaloa and Medellin, and being generous about letting them go back to see their families regularly throughout the season
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Where does manager money come into all this?

FFP etc & manager appointments?

We’re on like our 4th or 5th manager in as many years, we’ve sacked basically all of them so just wondered how that affects the financial outlook?

I wouldn’t dare to think how much we’ve spent in payoffs to managers & back room staff in recent years.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:29 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:10 pm
Brentford, Charlton and Millwall are all London clubs too. Why would their running costs be lower than ours ?
Stop being pedantic, I meant the Northern clubs although what Giorgio says is also true.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:31 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:20 pm

We’re on like our 4th or 5th manager in as many years, we’ve sacked basically all of them so just wondered how that affects the financial outlook?

I wouldn’t dare to think how much we’ve spent in payoffs to managers & back room staff in recent years.
I don't know about the others but Ollie is on Gardening Leave isn't he.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:58 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

I imagine the 20 million quoted wouldn't just be players' wages but all the other staff including managers' wages and payoffs.
Last edited by 222gers on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:29 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:10 pm
Brentford, Charlton and Millwall are all London clubs too. Why would their running costs be lower than ours ?
Stop being pedantic, I meant the Northern clubs although what Giorgio says is also true.
Is it ? The White City Estate is posh now ?

I don't think it's very realistic to expect FFP to be assessed at a postcode level.

I still find the argument that being a London club is a disadvantage rather hard to swallow. Yes, our running costs are higher, but we are also able to charge ticket prices that would be entirely unsustainable for the Northern clubs mentioned. Likewise for any commercial sponsorship deals, and so on.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

Yes, it's all included in the overall staff costs. I think Holloway would now be off the wage bill, but we'll still be paying McLaren, unless he's somehow generously agreed to forego what he was contractually owed. As you say, sacking managers every 12 months or so doesn't help the finances much.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Yes, it's all included in the overall staff costs. I think Holloway would now be off the wage bill, but we'll still be paying McLaren, unless he's somehow generously agreed to forego what he was contractually owed. As you say, sacking managers every 12 months or so doesn't help the finances much.
Kinda feels like we’re shooting ourselves in the foot, spending fortunes on sacking Managers & now it’s got that bad we can’t afford a striker & so the cycle goes on.

Jesus if we sack Warburton will there be enough in the kitty to turn the flood lights on.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:23 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I still find the argument that being a London club is a disadvantage rather hard to swallow. Yes, our running costs are higher, but we are also able to charge ticket prices that would be entirely unsustainable for the Northern clubs mentioned. Likewise for any commercial sponsorship deals, and so on.
Because crowd figures are generally low the ticket prices won't make a huge difference, sponsorship deals likely higher but I wouldn't guess. Our Rates and Insurance will however be way higher and of course salaries will always be higher throughout the club as we are London based.

Second facility training locations too.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Kinda feels like we’re shooting ourselves in the foot, spending fortunes on sacking Managers & now it’s got that bad we can’t afford a striker & so the cycle goes on.

Jesus if we sack Warburton will there be enough in the kitty to turn the flood lights on.

Indeed. And yet we'll have the usual experts here assuring us that "Football is a results business" and "He's got to go" as soon as we hit a poor run of form. You could set your watch by this stuff.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:38 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:

Indeed. And yet we'll have the usual experts here assuring us that "Football is a results business" and "He's got to go" as soon as we hit a poor run of form. You could set your watch by this stuff.
And the ironic thing is there is little to choose between any of them results wise / win% etc.

Think Schteve had the highest win % out of any of the recent lot & it still got him the sack.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Linked with Josh Cullen - 23yo Mid from Wet-Spam

A few people on Twitter are linking us with Damien McCrory, Will Grigg & Ben Reeves

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Sinaloa and Medellin
You could have mentioned Asunción or Concepción.
Drug kinda thing going on here? :wink:
Staff Benda Bilili

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:42 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:38 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

And the ironic thing is there is little to choose between any of them results wise / win% etc.

Think Schteve had the highest win % out of any of the recent lot & it still got him the sack.
True, but I think it was only the thought of our historic managerial turnover that spared him for as long as it did when we went on that freakish run of bad form.
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”