Highlights

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6364
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Highlights

Post by QPR_John » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:22 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 pm
krama wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm


Can't say I agree. We need less not more teams employing these underhand tactics. I want to be proud of my team. Clubs like SheffU and Preston probably spend a great deal of time thinking up new wheezes to con the ref, degrade football as a spectacle and sport, and win matches at all costs. It's getting worse and the refs, backed up by the FA must crack down.
Until its against the rules, its good game management who ever you support. These tactics used by Preston and SUFC happened to result in a loss. ..no wonder people are up in arms at this perfectly legal game management...I repeat, wait until the boots on the other foot and if you are honest you will want rangers to do anything it takes to hold on. You know I am right! :wink:
Hmm......there may not be specific mention in the laws of the game regarding the antics of these teams, but I believe refs can book or even send players off for unsporting conduct.
Exactly if the FA wanted to stamp out those tactics they have the power to do so.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9034
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Highlights

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 pm
krama wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm


Can't say I agree. We need less not more teams employing these underhand tactics. I want to be proud of my team. Clubs like SheffU and Preston probably spend a great deal of time thinking up new wheezes to con the ref, degrade football as a spectacle and sport, and win matches at all costs. It's getting worse and the refs, backed up by the FA must crack down.
Until its against the rules, its good game management who ever you support. These tactics used by Preston and SUFC happened to result in a loss. ..no wonder people are up in arms at this perfectly legal game management...I repeat, wait until the boots on the other foot and if you are honest you will want rangers to do anything it takes to hold on. You know I am right! :wink:
Hmm......there may not be specific mention in the laws of the game regarding the antics of these teams, but I believe refs can book or even send players off for unsporting conduct.
Fat chance of that with the ref on Saturday. :x
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Highlights

Post by krama » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:56 am

sparkypark wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:58 pm
This is the Championship. This isn't about the skills and free-flowing play in the top half of the Premier League. No-one (or very few) are watching extended views of the Championship games on the TV, no-one is commentating in detail on each game.

The best teams in this division play good football and have a lot of money behind them.

And then there are those who know how to grind out the points. They will probably have a good number of very large journeyman players. And they know no-one is going to penalise them if, once level or ahead, they fall over, hold their heads for no real reason, take a week to take a throw. They are the ones with a decent enough chance of getting pretty close to the play offs.

And then there is QPR. Decent young, smallish blokes trying to play a good game.
nailonhead

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Highlights

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:46 pm

I'd respectfully request that we stop moaning about these dodgy tactics, it isn't going to change. We just need to get better at it ourselves.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20868
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Highlights

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm

I'd respectfully suggest we don't. It won't change with an attitude like yours will it? I don't want any part of a team who utilise those tactics as part of their game strategy. Bombarding the FL requesting a clamp down on it is the way to go, and the PGMOL. They are the ones who can change things.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Highlights

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm
I'd respectfully suggest we don't. It won't change with an attitude like yours will it? I don't want any part of a team who utilise those tactics as part of their game strategy. Bombarding the FL requesting a clamp down on it is the way to go, and the PGMOL. They are the ones who can change things.
It wont change a thing EL, you know it wont. I know we have a young and inexperienced team but they have git to be a bit more savvy.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4900
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Highlights

Post by 222gers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Once we start accepting cheating on this scale as the norm then we might as well pack up.

You can be tough and hard to beat playing within the laws of the game. What is depressing is that thusfar the authorities seem to be turning a blind eye.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20868
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Highlights

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm
I'd respectfully suggest we don't. It won't change with an attitude like yours will it? I don't want any part of a team who utilise those tactics as part of their game strategy. Bombarding the FL requesting a clamp down on it is the way to go, and the PGMOL. They are the ones who can change things.
It wont change a thing EL, you know it wont. I know we have a young and inexperienced team but they have git to be a bit more savvy.
So how do the rule changes come in each season?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4649
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: Highlights

Post by wrinklyhoop » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:47 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm
I'd respectfully suggest we don't. It won't change with an attitude like yours will it? I don't want any part of a team who utilise those tactics as part of their game strategy. Bombarding the FL requesting a clamp down on it is the way to go, and the PGMOL. They are the ones who can change things.
Amen to that! Have to try and get it recognised and stamped on. Refs already have the power to deal with a lot of it, but are often too weak.
Image

User avatar
krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1463
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Re: Highlights

Post by krama » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:51 pm
Once we start accepting cheating on this scale as the norm then we might as well pack up.

You can be tough and hard to beat playing within the laws of the game. What is depressing is that thusfar the authorities seem to be turning a blind eye.
but it's not outside the laws of the game is it...so everything is fair until it is outlawed by the FA. Until it is outlawed I suggest that QPR get a bit savvy and play the same "tactics" as some other teams. Its all very well wanting to be proud of your team for NOT playing these tactics, until points are dropped as a result of being "too nice". I guess quite a few people who are against spoil tactics would be happy to drop points after being too nice, but they would at least come away feeling proud of their team. I'd feel happy and proud getting all the points knowing my team had gone head to head against a team of spoilers, played them at their own game..... and won!

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20868
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Highlights

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 am

That's where we differ. I remember soon after Trevor Francis joined as a player and he dived in a game, most of the fans booing and abusing him were QPR fans. I would rather we got relegated than resort to tactics like PNE & the Blades. I certainly wouldn't renew my S/T if we became that side.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Highlights

Post by old pauline » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:51 am

I kept an eye on this last night when we were up and the clock was ticking down.

Eze went down twice very easily (excuse the pun) but apart from that there was no taking ages to take goal-kicks, throw-ins or subs walking off at a snail's pace.

You would like to think that we will be above such tactics and I hope that remains the case when we do have a one goal lead in a tight game.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Highlights

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 am
That's where we differ. I remember soon after Trevor Francis joined as a player and he dived in a game, most of the fans booing and abusing him were QPR fans. I would rather we got relegated than resort to tactics like PNE & the Blades. I certainly wouldn't renew my S/T if we became that side.
Agreed! Remember that West Ham game where they got 7 bookings for time wasting? I wouldn't pay to watch that every week, even if you do win more than you lose.

And I think rule changes are usually top down, so I think the Premier League needs to change first, so we can see it filter into the EFL, a bit like hawkeye...

Post Reply