Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Sheffield United

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Sheffield United

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Haven't seen it since so I could be wrong but looked like Lynch dragged him down for the pen.

Also Eze needed to track back for the equaliser. Switched off.

BFG motm by miles. He looks really good. Freeman also didn't look like not getting a move impacted him.

Need to get it out from the back quicker. Ingram held on too much at times.

Replacement for Lynch and another striker and we won't be as bad. I think our young players will grow as the season goes on. Impressed by kakay. Also want to see Smyth and Bright run at defenders more. Both are good at this and draw could but didn't happen today.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:10 pm

A bit late to the party tonight due only just getting at 8:30, due to stopping behind after the game to talk to Dave Thomas but things got interesting shortly after when a fight broke out at The Queens Tavern just after the main body of Blades fans had gone by. Lots of police and no ambulances so I would guess it was just handbags.
The real intrigue came a little while after that when one of the fans that Dave knows well stopped by us, with two of his mates who were arguing quite strongly about going back and giving the referee a slap :-O The guy was talked out of it and Dave's mate told us it was because the referee had called him a cockney cünt and offered him out in the car park after the guy made a sarky comment ("oh look, it's Stevie Wonder") as he walked past him. They walked off towards White City tube after calming the really angry guy down and we thought that was the end of that, and really unprofessional of the ref.
Almost straightaway Lee Hoos came over and we started off on a 45-50 minute chat about all sorts and he told Dave & myself that he would be writing to the FL regarding the soft penalty against Bidwell and clarification on the goalkeeper wasting so much time. Dave told him about the incident with the ref and his first comment was "Really? I wish I had been there to hear and witness that". That was the end of that we thought and started to ask him a lot of questions about the state of the union wrt QPR and new stadium plans etc. he was quite forthright with his answers and told us that the council weren't very supportive at all of the club staying in the area and it's going to be a struggle.
Just then the three guys mentioned above in the ref incident came back towards us and Dave beckoned them over and told LH that this was the guy the ref swore at. LH then asked a lot of questions, what was said, etc. and left it with a comment of it not being very professional and no comment on whether he would be doing anything with it or not, the guy then said that one of the security blokes, of which there were now 4 surrounding the ref and his assistants whilst they waited for their car told Dave's mate that he would be getting a life ban for what he had done and the guy was naturally a bit concerned. LH asked him to point out which security guards he was talking about so that may prove an interesting conversation on Monday. It would be interesting to see what the ref's report from the club says.
Around the 80 minute mark, after a number of bookable fouls by both sides I commented to my neighbour that the ref must have a mate with a bet on no cards during the 90 minutes so it came as no surprise that the only card was the one that Henderson got for time wasting in injury time.
The game itself showed some deficiencies from QPR and some promise too. Kakay was superb for the second week in a row, especially considering that he probably wouldn't be getting a game if Darnell was fit. Eze was everything we hoped he would be but a little bit of petulance at the end needs nipping in the bud IMO, he's better than that. Leistner was very good, Lynch and Bidwell adequate. Freeman was very good in patches as were Luongo & Scowen.
Little Smyth looked like he was suffering from trying to impress too much a he looked like he wanted to win the game on his own and it was no surprise he was withdrawn at half time. Sylla was much improved, only caught offside once, and coped well with poor service and a lot of attention from Blades defenders. He should definitely get a run in the side to allow him to improve. BOS was an improvement when he came on, Smith was OK but didn't get a lot out of the Blades defenders and Washington ... nothing to report.
If Sheff Utd. hadn't had Henderson in goal for them then we would have been 2-0 up before the soft pen and a slightly telegraphed curled effort would have given him his hat trick but them's the vagaries. I am disappointed but not despondent tonight.
Matt Ingrams distribution is worse than Rob Greens ever was, WTF has happened there? I am hoping that it is just early season nerves as his shot stopping was superb. Overall a 5-5.5/ 10 game.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Cheers for the insight EL. Next time use the enter key though, ya? :wink:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Very interesting Esox. Me and my brother sat watching the game in disbelief at the quality of the refereeing. Truly shite. We thought he wasn't good enough for the conference let alone the Championship. What you've stated makes me very suspicious indeed. Their first goal was offside and the second clearly was not a penalty. On top of that, I saw our players getting pulled about all over the place - notably in the box and the only time the whistle was blown was to give a free kick to Shit Utd. Henderson should've been sent off for timewasting and 12 minutes added - not the usual 5. Not since 27th May 1982 has a referee so richly deserved a savage kick in the cods. That bloke must've had some will power not to have delivered it. A right little turd. Someone needs to tell the F-wit that we are not cockneys either.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:45 pm
It looked like one of the softest pens i've ever seen. flipping annoying considering what Matt Smith put up with last season.
And today.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:10 pm
...QPR and new stadium plans etc. he was quite forthright with his answers and told us that the council weren't very supportive at all of the club staying in the area and it's going to be a struggle...
Perhaps this explains the release of the 'Secure R Future' document?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm
Cheers for the insight EL. Next time use the enter key though, ya? :wink:
Sorted LOL

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:39 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
...QPR and new stadium plans etc. he was quite forthright with his answers and told us that the council weren't very supportive at all of the club staying in the area and it's going to be a struggle...
Time to tell H&F to do one and look for a more sympathetic council. They only care about Chelski and Fulham. EL has mentioned before the M4 M40 corridor, and this is the route the club should be going down, instead of wasting time on OOC and Scrubs. If we don't move we are finished as regards ever gaining our former status.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:39 am

Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm
dm wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Time to tell H&F to do one and look for a more sympathetic council. They only care about Chelski and Fulham. EL has mentioned before the M4 M40 corridor, and this is the route the club should be going down, instead of wasting time on OOC and Scrubs. If we don't move we are finished as regards ever gaining our former status.
Funny you should say that; during the long chat with Lee Hoos yesterday I mentioned that I thought the West London Shooting School/C&L Country Club off West End Road would be a perfect home for both the Stadium and the training ground. It would need a dedicated road to the M40 from Sharvel Lane but it has very little residential property near it, enough room to have the hotel, retail area and a couple of pubs built next to them and plenty of car parking space. As it is in the QPR heartland it should actually be a lot more convenient to get to games than it currently is. He seemed quite interested and asked me several questions about the area. Maybe it would only be used for ammo against the council so QPR can stay in the borough but I think he will be at least taking a cursory look at the site.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 am

We could use the West London Shooting School for other things right now
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:39 am
Damien wrote:
dm wrote:

Funny you should say that; during the long chat with Lee Hoos yesterday I mentioned that I thought the West London Shooting School/C&L Country Club off West End Road would be a perfect home for both the Stadium and the training ground. It would need a dedicated road to the M40 from Sharvel Lane but it has very little residential property near it, enough room to have the hotel, retail area and a couple of pubs built next to them and plenty of car parking space. As it is in the QPR heartland it should actually be a lot more convenient to get to games than it currently is. He seemed quite interested and asked me several questions about the area. Maybe it would only be used for ammo against the council so QPR can stay in the borough but I think he will be at least taking a cursory look at the site.
That site is almost 10 miles west of Loftus road and a 30 minute walk from the nearest tube station. How could it possibly be the perfect home for the stadium?

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 am

dm wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 am

That site is almost 10 miles west of Loftus road and a 30 minute walk from the nearest tube station. How could it possibly be the perfect home for the stadium?
Oh come on dm. Just fly the learjet into Northolt and get a taxi, for goodness's sake.
Locum meum praecepta mea

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:29 am

dm wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Damien wrote:
Many Bush-dwelling Rangers fans moved out of the area over the years in favour of the western extremities of the London area, so the area would be convenient. A pretty desperate area for pubs and shops though. I still favour LCS.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:32 am

DG wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 am
dm wrote:

Oh come on dm. Just fly the learjet into Northolt and get a taxi, for goodness's sake.
I'll meet you at the airport and we can share the taxi fare.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 am

dm wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Damien wrote:
It's less than a mile away, a 15 minute walk, from South Ruislip Station, not much different from arriving at any of the Shepherds Bush stations. It's also only 8.4 miles from Loftus Road, and, as I mentioned, in QPR heartland.