Holloway-go now

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dbak
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Holloway-go now

Post by dbak » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm

This is a disgrace

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Holloway-go now

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Holloway's reached a plateau with us, can't take us to the next level.
Still, we can't be rash, what is the way forward? How do we address the
management and player quality deficiencies? Do we retain Holloway?
Staff Benda Bilili

Bannister'86
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Bannister'86 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm

It's been a loooong time since I last posted.

The Rs are no longer on TV in the states and our results have just been so incredibly mediocre, it's been tough to get excited about my beloved Rangers these days.

As far as Holloway's tenure is concerned, it seems to me he is very much a 'placeholder' for the position until we get truly financially healthy and have a squad that is hard to beat.

Is this just a treading water period in our history? 'Avoid the drop and wait for next season'...and next..and next?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Bannister'86 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm
It's been a loooong time since I last posted.

The Rs are no longer on TV in the states and our results have just been so incredibly mediocre, it's been tough to get excited about my beloved Rangers these days.

As far as Holloway's tenure is concerned, it seems to me he is very much a 'placeholder' for the position until we get truly financially healthy and have a squad that is hard to beat.

Is this just a treading water period in our history? 'Avoid the drop and wait for next season'...and next..and next?
I hope not... but you could well be right. Gonna be tough for the supporters if that's the case. Small improvements would satisfy most of us I think.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm

He should have gone in the summer. Today was a nadir - at least when Newcastle stuck six past us last year, they were a half-decent side. Ffs Hasselbaink got the boot for drawing at their place!

Good luck with those season ticket renewals!

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 pm

I understand that today was a diabolical result and people are going to be pissed off, but over the season generally I don't get what everyone is moaning about. Currently we are 16th. If we stay there most fans would have been more than happy with that seeing as before the season started most, including me, thought we were in for a relegation fight. You want to know if we can improve under Holloway? We are doing better than last season - that's an improvement isn't it? All after spending next to nothing in the summer and having no incomings in January. If we are higher in the league next season that will also be an improvement but I think it will not be enough for some of you.

I think some of us are a bit spoilt and expect us to be in a place we have no right to be in just now, and some of us have zero patience.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:29 pm

There is a limit anyone can take. For many of us I think Holloway has pushed it too far now. He shouldn't be sact yet but the 'DoF' et al need to line a proper manager up for May when they can give Ollie the Order of the Iron Boot right up his arse at full power. Sad really.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Bannister'86 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm
Yeah, a placeholder is probably the best description of Olly - although he's failing miserably on the "hard to beat" part.
We've got 12 more games left and at present we look relatively safe from avoiding the drop.
Provided that continues, I don't think we should part ways with Olly until the end of the season.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 pm
I understand that today was a diabolical result and people are going to be pissed off, but over the season generally I don't get what everyone is moaning about. Currently we are 16th. If we stay there most fans would have been more than happy with that seeing as before the season started most, including me, thought we were in for a relegation fight. You want to know if we can improve under Holloway? We are doing better than last season - that's an improvement isn't it? All after spending next to nothing in the summer and having no incomings in January. If we are higher in the league next season that will also be an improvement but I think it will not be enough for some of you.

I think some of us are a bit spoilt and expect us to be in a place we have no right to be in just now, and some of us have zero patience.
To be accurate we are not doing better than last season, then after 34 games we were 16th as we are now with 40 points as opposed to 39 now. Forget any perception of where we might be this season just look at today's game. Before today Forest were 2 points behind us having only scored 5 goals in there last 12 games. We were completely overrun not just beaten by a team below us.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:44 pm

dbak wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm
This is a disgrace
Constructive as ever. Any suggestions on who we might replace him with ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:49 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:44 pm
dbak wrote:
This is a disgrace
If there is nobody out there who can take the club forward then we might as well all go home

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:53 pm

I suppose 9 points and a fair bit of goal difference clear of the bottom three with 12 games to go is a decent position to be in but today was unnerving. For a while we were playing with a back two when Lynch went off. Holloway has no third way, it's 352 or a cavalry charge. I was surprised how fluid and mobile Forest were, but Holloway should have been prepared for it. We were of course unfortunate that Lynch was down injured when Forest scored their third goal but it was all to easy for them. He's safe until the end of the season as long as we don't go on another run of defeats.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:49 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
dbak wrote:
This is a disgrace
If there is nobody out there who can take the club forward then we might as well all go home
Indeed. So what's your suggestion then ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:09 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:49 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

Indeed. So what's your suggestion then ?
May I refer you to my post in the thread "The missing OTEH" in answer to a similar question from you

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

7 goal thriller, 2 QPR goals in one game and some people are still complaining. Get over it FFS. I've seen better at QPR and I've seen worse. I've already got my S/T for next season as staying away won't improve anything. The only complaint I have is that Costly Pantyliner wasn't sent off for time wasting, from the 4th minute FFS.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.