Jack Robinson watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 am
yes. As i have suggested before at the next fans forum ask the direct questions , is it true that etc etc. I think he will answer honestly as the club have got to get the fans to understand where we sit nowadays. It is all about hoping we find a gem somewhere on the cheap . And if not just trying to survive in the Championship. That is what an ego spent £200m brings you.
If true...

It seems unbelievable that our top end suggested wages are now well below what Tango and Cash were willing to cough up 10 years ago!
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4963
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Rbee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 am

:idea:
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm
I think a large part of the problem is that TF believes his own ego and really thinks we will find all these great players and come good on a shoestring. He can't sell at the moment with FFP and once that is resolved who knows if we will even exist. If he gets away with FFP i would guess he will realise or his investors will that we are going nowhere and he will bail out. Not before time in my opinion. He ranks amongst the worst Chairman ever. At least the idiots from Italy got us promoted!
How about the new stadium, haha. Should this ever come off our owners were supposed to coin it in from all the projects in and around the stadium.

You never know what might happen but you get the feeling QPR will be left in limbo as Caterham seem to be.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm

TF does not own the club he just has a share. He sold a story to investors much as he did for Caterham. He loved being in the limelight but forgot that football is a serious business. The result was that the investors lost a lot of money and essentially took control from TF in as much as they said enough, you have screwed up and we are not putting in anymore money. So forget what TF says . Virtually everything since the day he has taken over has been make believe. On the new ground he had one tiny option on the whole site. It was nothing but bluff and bluster. He has simply not done one thing he said he would. Now go to FFP. As i have said before the ground is owned in a separate company and is valued by Savills for £40m for resi. If a fine is levied of around £40m firstly legally can the investors pay it not the club and secondly why would they? They could make £40m by folding the club and get some money back. The league will make the decision on our very survival in my view. If a compromise is agreed then i see TF getting out not because he wants to but because his investors want to. And for those who look to Mittal he is finished with the club financially and would get out tomorrow if given the chance. Until FFP is sorted QPR will just try to survive and look to find a cheap gem.Afterwards who knows.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by old pauline » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 pm

The thing is that there is no alternative so I don't see any point in all the TF bashing. Yes, he made some very unwise business decisions but at least he is now trying to get us back on an even keel and I think you are doing him a dis-service in that, one way or another the club has got involved in a large chunk of the Old Oak Common land and so at least that will generate some money. Of course the stadium and the training ground are not going to go anywhere while we are currently fighting for our lives at the bottom of the Championship and in dire financial straits. I'm not exactly sure what people are expecting of TF or any other owner right now. If there is anyone else out there who'd be able to raise our profile any higher on the back of a lowly Championship status and with a crowd of 12,000 supporters every other week I'd be interested to know who they were.
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6183
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by QPR_John » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm
Until FFP is sorted QPR will just try to survive and look to find a cheap gem.Afterwards who knows.
Let's face it FFP has killed us. When it was first introduced it came as a sledge hammer to crack a nut the authorities realised this and soon changed it. Unfortunately we were caught under the old rules and for one reason or another the FL decided to punish us under rules they themselves realised were unfair. I would not be surprised if Wolves have broken FFP however if they are relegated from the Premier League ( I think promotion is assured) any punishment under the new rules will be nowhere near what we've got.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm
Until FFP is sorted QPR will just try to survive and look to find a cheap gem.Afterwards who knows.
Let's face it FFP has killed us. When it was first introduced it came as a sledge hammer to crack a nut the authorities realised this and soon changed it. Unfortunately we were caught under the old rules and for one reason or another the FL decided to punish us under rules they themselves realised were unfair. I would not be surprised if Wolves have broken FFP however if they are relegated from the Premier League ( I think promotion is assured) any punishment under the new rules will be nowhere near what we've got.
It's just revenge in my opinion after we dragged out the Faurlin process until the very death which gave the FA no choice but to allow into the play offs, or was it automatic that season? We got one over them over that error and they want us to punish us through other means.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4963
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Rbee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Andrew

As far as I am aware Tony is still a majority shareholder and I thought it was Tony that brought in Ruben?

If as predicted we get down to bare bones on playing staff and are unable to offer players a competitive salary why are we still geared up as a Premier League club on the non playing side with plenty of staff working in media etc. Do we need a Director of Football?

Is this typical Tony I wonder, lots of show but no substance or are his fingers simply crossed on FFP? Neither scenario is great.

I do understand what you are saying old pauline and for now Tony still has my support but there has come a time when the talking, promises and assurances stops and we actually see the club improving.

It is going to be an interesting summer.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6183
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by QPR_John » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:15 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm
Until FFP is sorted QPR will just try to survive and look to find a cheap gem.Afterwards who knows.
Let's face it FFP has killed us. When it was first introduced it came as a sledge hammer to crack a nut the authorities realised this and soon changed it. Unfortunately we were caught under the old rules and for one reason or another the FL decided to punish us under rules they themselves realised were unfair. I would not be surprised if Wolves have broken FFP however if they are relegated from the Premier League ( I think promotion is assured) any punishment under the new rules will be nowhere near what we've got.
It's just revenge in my opinion after we dragged out the Faurlin process until the very death which gave the FA no choice but to allow into the play offs, or was it automatic that season? We got one over them over that error and they want us to punish us through other means.
Never a truer word........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Satch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Hoos
Lee Hoos has specifically said our top salary is 5k? Was this to you personally or in a statement / public forum?

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Shall we say it was not thru a forum and it was 'given the restrictions we need to work under going forward salaries are going to be much more in the £5k per week bracket. If you want to compare us as a club and what we can afford i would say a fair comparison is Barnsley.'

That is pretty much how it went.Was pre Barnsley takeover by the way.

User avatar
Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2722
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Somewhere in Hertfordshire

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Barry » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Hoos
Lee Hoos has specifically said our top salary is 5k? Was this to you personally or in a statement / public forum?
This is blatantly not the case. A Brentford youngster is on similar wages to that!

I’d suggest that only the kids in the squad will be on less than £5k a week!
QPR & Ireland

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm

I may be wrong but... Jack Robinson is a proper footballer and we will give him enough to keep him. Ned, can't keep on Prem money.. We could but no longer worth it

5k per week salary cap... Do me a favour. Few professional players would get out of bed for that. Complete fabrication.

Any noises eminating from HQ are merely a smoke screen. FFP fine is nonsense and we may pay 10% of suggested figure.

No money in club is because they don't trust Ian. That said aren't we better off than last sason?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Satch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Shall we say it was not thru a forum and it was 'given the restrictions we need to work under going forward salaries are going to be much more in the £5k per week bracket. If you want to compare us as a club and what we can afford i would say a fair comparison is Barnsley.'

That is pretty much how it went.Was pre Barnsley takeover by the way.
So that's a direct quote from Lee Hoos, when did he say this and was it directly to you?

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Someone else has been watching Jack:
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/w ... 18568.html

I did not see this incident reported in any of the reports of the game, official or unofficial.
Does anyone have any idea what, if anything, happened?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4373
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by 222gers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Some amateur footage shows Jack raising his arm and the Wolves player toppling over. It's inconclusive and unless they find another clip it seems unlikely the authorities could take action. That said, we are QPR and they seem to have it in for us. The aforesaid Wolves player had gone in studs up on Smithies hence the reaction from Jack.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Satch and 29 guests