In, out, shake it all about....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: In, out, shake it all about....

Post by Northolt_Rs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am

222gers wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am
There is no chance there will be any major investment going forward. As i have said on this Board previously Hoos quite clearly said to a very close friend that we have to consider ourselves as the equivalent of Barnsley in terms of spending power. TF just cons a lot of people. The money has dried up, his co investors will not put any more in full stop. We have to sell to buy and we have to be self sustaining. Forget any other dream or thought of big buys.TF totally screwed the club through his massive ego and that is being borne out in front of your eyes if you care to open them. If anyone goes to the next question time ask Hoos if that is the future [ Barnsley equivalent - we both turnover the same i think]. Some people on here may be suprised by the reply and by how they have been conned by 'club is now going in the right direction' rubbish.
The result of FFP will probably determine the future of the club as i think [ not been told] there is no reason why anyone is going to stump up £40m.
I don't think anyone is allowed to stump up 40million, it's supposed to come out of the club's revenue which is clearly impossible. The only hope is for the league to back down or accept the fine in tiny instalments.
.....or we go into receivership so the fine vanishes.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 am

Yes. It's not in the league's best interest for us to go broke as they will be viewed as bullies and won't get any of the fine out of us.Hopefully if we show we have complied during this current period they'll see sense.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 am

Once things finally settle and we are either rid of those players earning more than we can afford to pay, or have re-signed them on reduced (realistic) wages, we can sort out our plan going forward.

Just as spending silly money on Samba, and paying Joey Barton £70,000 a week was pure folly, spending nothing on transfers is not the way forward either.

The manager needs a transfer budget each season. Maybe £5,000,000 (as an example). He should be told that is for both windows, and if it's blown in the summer, then it's gone. A football club should set targets, and this season that should have been - reduce the wage bill, get into round 4 of the FA Cup, maybe Round 3 of the League Cup (we blew both of those) and finish higher in the league than we did last season.

The problem when the money arrived was we wanted to be playing in the Champions League, and beating not just the best teams in England but throughout Europe. That was never going to happen, though we threw silly money about to try and achieve it. Thank you Mark Hughes and those who allowed him and to a lesser extent Harry Redknapp to bring in the wrong players for silly money.

It is painful to see our team clearly lacking decent striking options, and not being able to spend money to improve the team. We may have to endure a couple of seasons of this, but then hopefully things (financially) will improve.

Onwards and upwards - though it's OK to get there slowly, we don't have to achieve promotion next season (unless this one ends in relegation).

We need to finish higher than 18th, get more than 53 points and ideally with a better goal difference than -14. We are currently: 16th on 33 points with a -11 goal difference with 17 games to go.

If we do that, this season would be an improvement, and all things considered that's all you can ask for right now.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am

In reply to ANDREW1302

Is our spending power the same as Barnsley pre or post their new owners coming in? :wink:

I would assume that the owners have put 40 million pounds aside for the FFP fine although they will continue to fight it because as soon as you hand the cash over, you don't get it back! So, I don't see FFP defining the clubs future for me it is what happens during the summer break.

Dave Mc has stated that he thinks there will be some transfer action in the summer so let's wait and see. Of course, nobody expects big money signings anymore but I would hope to see some positive results from our new and improved scouting network. If they have been busy identifying potential signings then surely we will be attempting to bring a few new faces in otherwise the club employing them is pointless.

We won't ever really know what's going on behind the scenes, what our owners have planned, they might even be trying to sell the club but I doubt it whilst there is still a chance of the new stadium and complex happening. Tony Fernandes comes across as a Richard Branson type character and fair play to the guy according to a recent Forbes publication he is worth 330 million USD. Of course, that won't be 330 million cash but I think over the years he has stuck his fingers in to too many pies many of which have not been a success, Caterham for instance.

There was a report in the paper recently about Tony buying a very large estate in Scotland and wanting to renovate it. The renovations would have included the destruction of some items of historical interest so his planning permission was turned down. This would however suggest that he is looking to make Britain his main home? Link to that story here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... m-11940608

Ruben Gnanalingam remains a bit of a mystery. In the same Forbes publication his personal wealth was revealed to be exactly the same as Tony's, 330 million USD.

The Mittal family still hold a small shareholding and unfortunately aren't seen at games anymore. They are probably embarrassed at the way the club has been run in recent years, I know I would be. Lakshmi of course received abuse whilst sitting the Directors box from a few of our fans (morons) so that is why we don't see him anymore. Their lack of interest/involvement is huge opportunity missed by our club not only financially but when Amit was running the club he did a very job using a professional and common sense approach.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 am
It is painful to see our team clearly lacking decent striking options, and not being able to spend money to improve the team. We may have to endure a couple of seasons of this, but then hopefully things (financially) will improve.
I don't think we really know how good or bad our strikers are, well we know that they are not brilliant! But too often they are played out of position and the service they receive is poor. Week in week out the online commentators say this.

Our defence hasn't been solid for years and some of the recent goals conceded have been truly abysmal.

On the positive side we are doing alright for goalkeepers (!) but overall our current league position pretty much reflects the quality of our playing squad in my opinion although some Tony Pulis type coaching would probably see us comfortable mid table.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:54 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am
In reply to ANDREW1302

Is our spending power the same as Barnsley pre or post their new owners coming in? :wink:

I would assume that the owners have put 40 million pounds aside for the FFP fine although they will continue to fight it because as soon as you hand the cash over, you don't get it back! So, I don't see FFP defining the clubs future for me it is what happens during the summer break.

Dave Mc has stated that he thinks there will be some transfer action in the summer so let's wait and see. Of course, nobody expects big money signings anymore but I would hope to see some positive results from our new and improved scouting network. If they have been busy identifying potential signings then surely we will be attempting to bring a few new faces in otherwise the club employing them is pointless.

We won't ever really know what's going on behind the scenes, what our owners have planned, they might even be trying to sell the club but I doubt it whilst there is still a chance of the new stadium and complex happening. Tony Fernandes comes across as a Richard Branson type character and fair play to the guy according to a recent Forbes publication he is worth 330 million USD. Of course, that won't be 330 million cash but I think over the years he has stuck his fingers in to too many pies many of which have not been a success, Caterham for instance.

There was a report in the paper recently about Tony buying a very large estate in Scotland and wanting to renovate it. The renovations would have included the destruction of some items of historical interest so his planning permission was turned down. This would however suggest that he is looking to make Britain his main home? Link to that story here.

Ruben Gnanalingam remains a bit of a mystery. In the same Forbes publication his personal wealth was revealed to be exactly the same as Tony's, 330 million USD.

The Mittal family still hold a small shareholding and unfortunately aren't seen at games anymore. They are probably embarrassed at the way the club has been run in recent years, I know I would be. Lakshmi of course received abuse whilst sitting the Directors box from a few of our fans (morons) so that is why we don't see him anymore. Their lack of interest/involvement is huge opportunity missed by our club not only financially but when Amit was running the club he did a very job using a professional and common sense approach.
I'm no expert on FFP ( who is! ), but it seems the fine has somehow got to be found within the club's revenue rather than the owners own pocket - this would be impossible for the club to find.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

This makes a lot of sense (IMHO).
https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/f ... y-14232209

But, after cutting the huge number of playing staff down to size and getting the budget as straight as it can be at a club like ours, there is one more thing that has to happen before we make the careful purchases that will probably be needed for next year. The club has to sound attractive to players that we target. A few years ago, that was simple - we overcame any incoming players' doubts with big money contracts. That is now history. So, what replaces the filthy lucre? I think the answer is that, not only must there be an understandable and credible plan in place, but, that it should help to deliver a happy, smiling squad that know what they are expected to do and are clearly enjoying it. Putting square pegs in square holes would be a good start.
What else do we need to do to make QPR an attractive home for the players?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am
222gers wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am
There is no chance there will be any major investment going forward. As i have said on this Board previously Hoos quite clearly said to a very close friend that we have to consider ourselves as the equivalent of Barnsley in terms of spending power. TF just cons a lot of people. The money has dried up, his co investors will not put any more in full stop. We have to sell to buy and we have to be self sustaining. Forget any other dream or thought of big buys.TF totally screwed the club through his massive ego and that is being borne out in front of your eyes if you care to open them. If anyone goes to the next question time ask Hoos if that is the future [ Barnsley equivalent - we both turnover the same i think]. Some people on here may be suprised by the reply and by how they have been conned by 'club is now going in the right direction' rubbish.
The result of FFP will probably determine the future of the club as i think [ not been told] there is no reason why anyone is going to stump up £40m.
I don't think anyone is allowed to stump up 40million, it's supposed to come out of the club's revenue which is clearly impossible. The only hope is for the league to back down or accept the fine in tiny instalments.
.....or we go into receivership so the fine vanishes.
I don't think FFP was set up to tip clubs into bankruptcy. I doubt we'll get a fine as our punishment is clear to see and as long as we do things right it will be a slap on the wrist, or money due next time (if ever) we get to the EPL.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:00 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:54 am
Rbee wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am
In reply to ANDREW1302

I'm no expert on FFP ( who is! ), but it seems the fine has somehow got to be found within the club's revenue rather than the owners own pocket - this would be impossible for the club to find.
Agree I don't see where the idea comes from that the owners will be allowed to pay the fine. Any money they put into the club comes under FFP rules. Remember the FL ignored the money put in by the owners to lower the debt.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm afraid it looks like “goodnight nurse” for Queens Park Rangers football club in a couple of years. :(

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 am
Once things finally settle and we are either rid of those players earning more than we can afford to pay, or have re-signed them on reduced (realistic) wages, we can sort out our plan going forward.

Just as spending silly money on Samba, and paying Joey Barton £70,000 a week was pure folly, spending nothing on transfers is not the way forward either.

The manager needs a transfer budget each season. Maybe £5,000,000 (as an example). He should be told that is for both windows, and if it's blown in the summer, then it's gone. A football club should set targets, and this season that should have been - reduce the wage bill, get into round 4 of the FA Cup, maybe Round 3 of the League Cup (we blew both of those) and finish higher in the league than we did last season.

The problem when the money arrived was we wanted to be playing in the Champions League, and beating not just the best teams in England but throughout Europe. That was never going to happen, though we threw silly money about to try and achieve it. Thank you Mark Hughes and those who allowed him and to a lesser extent Harry Redknapp to bring in the wrong players for silly money.

Onwards and upwards - though it's OK to get there slowly, we don't have to achieve promotion next season (unless this one ends in relegation).

We need to finish higher than 18th, get more than 53 points and ideally with a better goal difference than -14. We are currently: 16th on 33 points with a -11 goal difference with 17 games to go.

If we do that, this season would be an improvement, and all things considered that's all you can ask for right now.
17 games to go and we need another 20 points to give us a chance of avoiding relegation... With Holloway’s 1.1 ppg we may be in for a real fight to stay up, again. Let’s hope he doesn’t do another one of his long losing streaks.