Boris....

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Boris....

Post by 222gers » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 pm

....Johnson the latest to resign. Could this be the first move in a leadership contest ? I think he'll come unstuck if he tries it.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Boris....

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Innocent people dying from Novichok and he is still walking around. Life is very unfair.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm

The Tory party is a bad remake of the night of the living dead. I hope they finish gorging themselves on each other quickly and their grotesque corpse of a party slumps out of power. Perhaps then we might move on to some kind of sanity in UK politics.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm
The Tory party is a bad remake of the night of the living dead. I hope they finish gorging themselves on each other quickly and their grotesque corpse of a party slumps out of power. Perhaps then we might move on to some kind of sanity in UK politics.
The Tories are indeed in a mess with Philip Hammond as possibly their only competent front bencher. Sadly there is a paucity of ability in the Labour party as well. When you look back at the politicians of yesteryear, you may not have liked or agreed with a lot of 'em but they were statesmanlike compared to the current generation.

It's quite frightening really.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 pm

.....and now Jeremy Hunt named as replacement for Boris. Good news for the NHS !

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

dm wrote:
Do you seriously think Jeremy Corbyn & Co could do any better? I agree with 222gers. Nailing your colours to any political party in 2018 surely has to be based on memories of yesteryear.

All any of them can do is talk, talk and talk some more saying the things they hope the majority might like to hear.
Last edited by Rbee on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 am

Do you honestly think that Corbyn could do any worse? The current government is a trainwreck like no other party has been before it... and there have been candidates from both sides of the spectrum in contention just in my lifetime.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 am

I most certainly do, yes.

The trainwreck is mainly caused by Brexit which would be a poisoned chalice for whoever is in power.

But until someone new comes along saying that they will actually Govern for the majority and do sensible things like renationalising utilities I will pay little attention to politics.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 am
I most certainly do, yes.

The trainwreck is mainly caused by Brexit which would be a poisoned chalice for whoever is in power.

But until someone new comes along saying that they will actually Govern for the majority and do sensible things like renationalising utilities I will pay little attention to politics.
Isn't that almost exactly what Labour under Corbyn say they will do ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:14 pm

In some of the rhetoric yes but their Manifesto to me is simply spend spend spend with no real mention of where the funding will come from.

My version of Govern for the majority won't come around anyway.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 pm

dm wrote:
The Tory party is a bad remake of the night of the living dead.
my external point of view is that the party is looking even more toxic than our dressing room back few years ago....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Rbee wrote:

Just on that point, Rbee, Brexit began as Cameron's vanity project. He believed he was the chosen one who would finally lance the European boil on the backside of the Tory party. He was wrong and it cost him his political career; though who cares, that rich toff won't suffer. But, his humongous miscalculation opened the pandora's box out of which the chaos sprung we will have to suffer for decades to come.

Brexit was not a poisoned chalice. It was caused by Cameron and Tory party.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm
Rbee wrote:

Just on that point, Rbee, Brexit began as Cameron's vanity project. He believed he was the chosen one who would finally lance the European boil on the backside of the Tory party. He was wrong and it cost him his political career; though who cares, that rich toff won't suffer. But, his humongous miscalculation opened the pandora's box out of which the chaos sprung we will have to suffer for decades to come.

Brexit was not a poisoned chalice. It was caused by Cameron and Tory party.

Almost totally agree dm. Vanity project? Partly I think but more so a huge miscalculation as nobody expected an OUT vote. Pressure on our European Union Membership was slowly building so Cameron was going to smugly settle the issue once and for all just as May was going to be returned with a huge majority.

If a Labour coalition had been in power we will never know how they would have dealt with our European Union Membership issue.